FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union’s Privacy Notice describes our policy and practices concerning the personal information we collect and disclose about our members. It also includes information about third parties who may receive personal and sometimes nonpublic information from us as we conduct the business of the credit union.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described by law.
Let us know if you have any questions concerning this notice or your account or any services we provide. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to serve you!
1. General. The terms, conditions, and disclosures that appear below apply to our FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union Services. If you apply for the Services, you agree that your use of the Services will be governed by the Terms of your Account Agreement, these Terms, Conditions, and Disclosures, and any additional terms, conditions, or disclosures that may be provided to you when your application is approved. In these Terms, Conditions, and Disclosures the words “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Credit Union" refer to FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union. “You” and “your” refer to each person who applies for the Services, and each Account owner or other person authorized to transact business on any FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union account that may be accessed by any of the Services.
2. Computer Equipment and Software. You will need to have a personal computer, an Internet Service Provider and a browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher or Google Chrome 14.0 and higher, or FireFox 3.6 and higher, or Opera 10.0 and higher or Safari 5.0 and higher. Also, you will need Adobe Reader 9 and higher. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your respected company.
FIRSTENERGY CHOICE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ON EQUIPMENT, HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE, WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
We are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury, whether caused by your equipment or software, the Services, or any technical or editorial errors contained in or omissions from any user guide related to the Services. We will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of your equipment, software or the Services, except where the law requires a different standard. You agree to be bound by and to comply with any requirements in any user guide, instructional manual, or other instructions that we may provide to you in connection with the Services.
3. Additional Services. We may introduce new Services or enhance the existing services from time to time. We will notify you when these new or enhanced Services are available. By using these Services when they become available, you agree that they will be governed by these Terms, Conditions, and Disclosures as well as any additional terms, conditions, and disclosures we may provide to you.
4. Overdrafts. You agree that your use of the Services and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) shall be subject to the Overdraft and Overdraft Protection set forth in the Account Agreement.
5. PIN Security. You agree to keep your PIN in confidence, to refrain from disclosing your PIN to any third party and to refrain from recording or displaying your PIN in such a manner that it will be accessible by third parties. You agree that the use of the PIN by you, and other applicant, any party to any of your Accounts which may be accessed by the PIN, and anyone you permit or authorize to use your PIN, shall be liable. You will be responsible for reporting the loss, theft, or compromise of your PIN to us as soon as possible after the loss, theft, or compromise.
6. Electronic Communication. You expressly agree that we may send any required disclosures or information to you by electronic communication. The term “electronic communication” means a message transmitted electronically in a format that allows visual text to be displayed on electronic equipment such as a personal computer monitor.
7. Stop Payment. When you arrange for a Service, you acknowledge and agree that you may not stop payment of account transfers initiated through your use of the Services.
8. Termination of Eastern Region Online Banking Services. You agree we may terminate this Agreement and your use of the Services if you or any authorized user of your Account or your PIN fail to comply with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, or in any other Agreement you have with us, or if you have reason to believe that there has been or may be any unauthorized use of your Account or your PIN. You or any other party to your Account can terminate this Agreement and the Services by notifying us in writing. Termination will be effective on the first business day following our receipt of your written notice. However, termination of this Agreement or the Services will not affect the rights and obligations of the parties to this Agreement for transactions initiated prior to termination. Notwithstanding your termination of this Agreement or the Services, you will remain responsible for any transaction initiated by any person to whom you have furnished your PIN.
9. Amendments to this Agreement. We reserve the right to amend this agreement to change the terms and conditions governing our FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union Services at any time subject to such notice as may be required by applicable law. Your use of the Services following receipt of any such notice will constitute your acceptance of any such change. Your use of the FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union Online Services is subject to existing regulations governing your Accounts and any future changes to those regulations.
10. Enforcement and Governing Law. You agree to be liable to us for any liability, loss or expense which we may incur as a result of any dispute involving your Accounts or the Services. You authorize us to deduct such liability, loss or expense from your Account without prior notice to you. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable federal laws and all applicable substantive laws of the State of Pennsylvania, and by the bylaws of the Credit Union as they now exist or may be hereafter amended. You agree that if there is any inconsistency between the terms of the Agreement and any applicable law, regulation or rule, the terms of this Agreement will prevail to the extent that any such law, regulation or rule may be modified by agreement between us.
The following disclosures provide important information concerning your rights and responsibilities when you make transfers to and from your Accounts using the Services.
1. Contact In Event of Unauthorized Transfer. If you believe your PIN has been lost, stolen, compromised, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at:
FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union
161 Old Route 30, Suite 2
Greensburg, PA 15601
(724) 830-5984 or Toll Free (888) 462-2328
2. Transfer Types and Limitations
a. Account Access Services. The following transactions are available through the services:
· Account balance inquiries and transaction history
· Transfer funds between your Accounts with the same number including loan payments
· Conduct other transactions permitted by the Credit Union
· Transactions involving your Accounts, including stop payment requests, if accepted through the Services, will be subject to the terms of your Account Agreement
b. Transaction Limitations
· Regular Share Savings and Special Savings Accounts. Government regulations restrict the number of preauthorized and telephone transfers (including transfer by way of data transmission) from your Accounts to no more than six (6) per month. Transfers made through your use of the Services are included when computing the permissible number of monthly transfers made. Transfers from other Accounts or transfers from any Account to your loan accounts with us do not count against this limitation.
3. Business Days. Every day is a business day except Saturday, Sunday and FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union holidays.
4. Documentation. All transactions made using the Services will be listed on your monthly Account Statement that you receive from us. If you have no electronic fund transfers on your Account during a month, you will receive an Account Statement from us at least quarterly.
5. Confidentiality. We will disclose information to third parties about your Account or the transfers you make:
· Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
· In order to verify the existence and condition of your Account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
· In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
· If you give us your written permission
6. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfer and Advisability of Prompt Reporting. If you believe your PIN has been lost, stolen or compromised, you should change your PIN immediately using the Services.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your PIN has been lost, stolen, or compromised. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your Account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if any). If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your PIN without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PIN, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from your using your PIN without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
7. Credit Union Liability. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your Account on time or in the correct amount according to our Agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
· If, through no fault of ours, you do not have adequate funds in your Account to complete a transaction, your Account is closed, or the transaction amount would exceed your credit limit on your line of credit loan, if applicable.
· If you used the wrong access code or you have not properly followed any applicable computer, Internet access, or user instructions for making transfers.
· If your computer fails or malfunctions or the Eastern Online Banking Service was not properly working and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted said transaction.
· If circumstance beyond our control (such as fire, flood, telecommunication outages, organized labor strikes, equipment or power failure) prevents making the transaction.
· If the funds in your Account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim.
· If you have not given us complete, correct and current instructions so that we can process a transfer.
· If the error was caused by a system beyond our control, such as that of your Internet Service Provider.
· If there are other exceptions that we may establish from time to time.
8. In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers.
Call us at: (724) 830-5984 or Toll Free at (888) 462-2328
or write us at:
FIRSTENERGY CHOICE Federal Credit Union
Attention: Member Service Department
161 Old Route 30, Suite 2
Greensburg, PA 15601
as soon as you can, if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
· Tell us your name and Account Number
· Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information
· Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days (20 business days if the error involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your Account within ten (10) business days (20 business days if the error involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your Account.
If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) business days after the first deposit to an Account is made, we will tell you the results of our investigation within twenty (20) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to ninety (90) business days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your Account within twenty (20) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.